Sunday, July 24, 2011

that room

the energy
in the room
was a magnet
and i was only a fragment
of steel.

i never considered myself
weak.

they sat me down
in a chair,
kissed my forehead
and
before i knew it,
everything in that room
wore a halo.

i'm not a religious person.
but the beauty that reflected
off of every object
made me give thanks
to some higher power
that i
cannot even see.

they asked for my arms,
so i gave them each one
without any questions.

they plugged me in
with tiny tubes
burrowed into
each of my arms.

they turned on a switch
and then all of a sudden,
the energy from that room
slowly poured
underneath my skin.

i was convinced
this made me glow.

then,
they were standing right behind me
and i felt some light pings
on the top of my head.

what they whispered
in my ear
was delightful enough,
better than any fairytale.

i didn't even worry
about the tapping going on
behind my eyes.

i trusted everything.

the room would smile
and i ate it
without any apology,
ever.

i even made a statue
of the room,
hung it on the mantle
like it was some holy alter.

the room was so goddamn gorgeous
that when i closed my eyes,
everything revolved around my head
like it were in some orbit.

i left every single piece
of myself
in that room
without even thinking.

i didn't even have to sell myself.
i just gave it.

then,
out of nowhere,
that switch was flicked off.

the energy had stopped
and everything hurt.

i couldn't even see them
anymore.

i was drained
and that machine
with those tubes
sticking from my forearms
had sucked most everything
from inside me.

it was then
that i noticed
that the nail
they starting hammering
at the top of my head
had finally pierced my guts.

it was too late.
blood was growing
on the floor.

i looked around,
stunned,
studying every square inch
of that room
to see what went wrong.

i was weaker than i thought.

every single star crashed
and then it hit me,
that everything beautiful
about this room had vanished
into nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment