Friday, September 17, 2010

her pictures

i catch
your daughter's
pictures hanging
everywhere,
from the pages
of the atlas
inside my car,
to the belly
of my wallet.

you even cut
me two more
that you stuffed
inside that envelope,
with my credit cards,
and other personal
identification,
the last day
i ever saw
you
or her.

i always thought
that i'd see her
again.

i knew her
for two years,
and for that one year,
i took her
to school
most mornings,
and picked her up.

i was there
for all her soccer games,
and two of her birthday parties.

i played with her,
and we had our own
imaginary world,
me and her.

for that one year
i spent more time
with her
than any adult
in her life.

and i'd give
anything i had,
just for one more.

but tell me,
please,
now that your gone
and everyday
i slip
just a little bit more
from her mind.

please tell me
how i should interpret
these pictures
of a 9 year old
little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment